Monday, July 30, 2012

Page of Swords

Completed a project for a show at Light Grey Art Lab for their upcoming show: Tarot, Mystics and the Occult. So excited to be a part of this show. I was given "The Page of Swords" to illustrate. I used a combination of photography and painting. 
Here is the photo I took after having combined three photos into one. I needed various aspects from different photos; like the hair, facial expression, stance, and flow of the dress. I had the model hold a stick during the shoot so I could later put in this drawing of the sword accurately. 

This first background color ended up not working how I had hoped, and some of the plants I decided to take out. Added detail to the dress and hair.

Created more of a gradient to the background. Removed unwanted elements, darkened the ground and blended photo into it more. 

Darker and more textured sky. Darker ground. 


And then the final details after I'm sure about the background. Yay! Finished. 


1 comment: