Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bye Bye Blackbird

Finished! Twenty-seven more to go. One day I'll finish this book. The story is "Bye Bye Blackbird." Written by my mom Linda Alenov. It's about a girl named Amelia who lives in a dismal grey world. She decides to go look for someone to play with and ends up collecting an array of colorful animal friends who brighten up her world. So far, in this particular illustration green and blue have not been introduced which is why the landscape is predominantly sepia. I plan on having the border on all the illustrations be much like this one, black and white, with the blackbird in different positions.
Not done yet! In progress. The background line work is done with a kiska so the wax will repel the watercolor I apply. I'll be doing the background color all in sepia.

No comments:

Post a Comment